Saturday, December 18, 2010

Les Amis Style Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Lunch

Of all the weekends that I got out of the house, Mum cooked lunch. Today, when I chose to stay home to finish up some of my stuff, Mum decide not to cook. L I am not sure if that is good or bad as I ended up having a Les Amis Style lunch.. LOL

Rampaging through my freezer, I found a packet of Mushroom Alfredo from Lazy Gourmet that I bought some time ago. With the ready sauce, cooking a good cream based spaghetti for lunch is considered “chicken feet” ;P

It is a pity that Les Amis decided to discontinue the Lazy Gourmet line of food. It really provides an easy, convenient and healthy way of enjoying good food in the comfort of your home.  All I had to do was to boil some water, throw the package into the boiling water and cook for 10min, pour it over the spaghetti and lunch is ready! :P

The box of Lazy Gourmet’s Mushroom Alfredo that I bought from Isetan some time back. Listed ingredients included: Button mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, shallots, garlic, cream, white wine, olive oil, bay leaves, butter, herbs and spices.
 The unboxed Mushroom Alfred and spaghetti (80-100grams) - all the ingredient that is need to cook my lunch. Lazy Gourmet has suggested to top it with bacon bits and chopped parsley but since I have none of that at home, it will just be a simple one.

To make washing less of a hassle after cooking, I used only one cooking pot. 
 First, I cook my spaghetti. It takes about 8min to cook my spaghetti Al–dente.  J
 Then I put the packet of Mushroom Alfredo into the remaining water in the pot and continue to boil for 10-15min.
 That is my warmed up Mushroom Alfredo sauce! The bag is very hot hence I would suggest whoever is using such cooking method to let it cool for a while first! I can smell the butter the moment I cut open the bag. Yum…………….
 The final step: Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and viola! Lunch is ready! I did not expect to have such a generous portion of mushroom though. Cant wait to tuck in!

Presenting my Les Amis Style Lunch – Mushroom Alfredo Spaghetti! Like what was described on the box, it is truly deliciously rich and definitely one for cream aficionados! 

No comments:

Post a Comment