Friday, November 20, 2009

Baikohken Ramen@North Canal Road

This is my 2nd visit to Baikohken Ramen. This time round, we did not have to wait long for a seat as we did during lunch. Eating places in the CDB area are usually not crowded during dinner but this place was about 80% full.

Having tried the normal size ramen and learning my lesson, I opted for the half size portion this time round while my friend settled for the full size one.

This is one of the limited side dishes available that we ordered to share.

When the bowls of ramen arrived, there did not seem to be much difference between the full size and the half size ramen. I have to admit that this is not a true comparison as we ordered different types of ramen.

My friend had the Shio Butter and Corn Ramen. It was served with a slab of butter, lots of corn, leeks and char siew.

My half size Miso Char Siew Ramen and the added eggs.

Another shot of my ramen after pushing away the greens to reveal the char siew.

A close up of the melt-in-your mouth char siew.

I must say that the half size portion is still considered quite a big portion as I had a lot of meat in it. Both of us were so full that we sat till the shop wrapped up for the day. :P The service was very good and the staff did not even chase us away although they were closing.

Overall, this is definitely a good place to get your fill for ramen. :)

Earlier Post: Baikohken Ramen

Photos taken with SE C905 (resolution reduced)

2 comments:

  1. Raymond n Gf went last week. and guess wat Mr. Wu Di Dong said: wah lao, eat until stomach "jeng" liao, the noodles inside the bowl still "buay tin dang".. lol..

    lucky his gf ordered the half-sized one, if not he sure crawl his way to the MRT le..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. even Wu Di Dong surrender..
    Final conclusion: the portion is really BIG.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete